About Me

My photo
Sterling Heights, MI, United States
"I give a damn what any fan thinks of my legacy. I'm tryna live life in the sight of God's memory, like that y'all." ~Mos Def

Thursday, December 18, 2008

If I Were To Write For You - A draft.

If I were to write for you,

I'd wield stories of the warmth in your tone,

how it envelopes me like sun-soaked towels

after a cool swim.



I'd erect stories like skyscrapers

for the height of of your vision.

I'd secretly hide in your shadow and whisper prayers

for your dreams to come into fruition.



If i were to write for you,

I'd become encyclopedias

that spoke only of the legacies that you left behind/create daily/will achieve in the future.



I'd be an ocean of positive vernacular,

a gold burst of good energy to bathe you in,

I'd give you words of affirmation to dry you off,

hot oils to neutralize your thoughts,

Baby, I'd be the burning elixir of fine liqueur to take the edge off.



I mean, if I were to write for you,

I'd own stock in fountain pens -

the ink wells wouldn't run dry,

For you, I'd erect kingdoms through our bloodlines.



I'd write sonnets

that would make Shakespeare

shy away from his pen.



I'd kiss you holy,

give you no understanding of sin.



Straight purify you with hand to pen,

again and again and again.



If I were to write for you,

I wouldn't know where to begin.



You inspire me.

So, Inspire me.

So Inspired



Baby, I wouldn't know where to begin - but I'd write.

2 comments:

Lazy Genius said...

I really need to see X-Men... I feel left out :(

La Shaun phoenix Moore said...

Hilarious!