About Me

My photo
Sterling Heights, MI, United States
"I give a damn what any fan thinks of my legacy. I'm tryna live life in the sight of God's memory, like that y'all." ~Mos Def

Thursday, December 4, 2008

On Wolverine and other mutants.

University of Michigan's football team sucks.

`Nuff said.

How are these fools even being considered in 8th round draft picks (as if that shit is dope)?

And Why? WHY? WHY are they so physically appealing, but physically incapable of winning a game?

Makes a bird wonder.

Makes a phoenix want to walk into the team's locker room and make the athletes spontaneously combust in my Phoenix Force Fury.

Makes me want to maintain my passion for the NFL and Cyclops.

Cyclops was born a Pisces under a March wind.

Not instantly what I'm used to being attracted to and without question unlike any man I've ever attracted.

What do I dig?

His accountability. His integrity. His loyalty. I like how he makes me laugh. The tenderness in his voice when he acknowledges me. I dig his public display of affection towards me and the things he confides to me in secret. I dig that when he takes his glasses off, his laser stare is filled with a fire that strengthens and not destroys me. I dig how he honors my body. How he draws out my virtue. I dig how dating him makes me a poet. I dig how I don't have to try hard and that no matter where our interaction leads us - compatible or not - I can walk away saying that I met a real man or I can linger in his arms for lifetimes.

I like how his kiss steals my breath, weakens my knees, excites me, scares me. I like when he shares his dreams, places he wants to go, hidden inhibitions. I like how he responds to my hands on his skin, my breath against his ear, my lips on his mouth, my heartbeat.

I like how his hugs feel like God is reaching out from within me to wrap His/Her arms around me.

I like Cyclops. Alot. He's spunky. Does a helluva Bernie Mac impression, too. He's got me on some romantic, clean, fun-having date stuff. He's got me on some honored that we can wait to explore each other physically stuff. He's got my nostril's WIDE opened. After all the abuse. This is what I deserve. I deserve the best. I forgot that. Thank you, Baby for the reminder.

Yeah, Wolverine: One thing that IS amazing about you is this lush home you've put me in. Ann Arbor is nothing short of amazing. There is inspiration around every corner. Coffee shops and theaters. Galleries and Wine Cafe's. Bookstores and bookstores and more bookstores. Hip-Hop and Alternative. Folk and Organic Soul. Gyms and diverse cuisine. Me. And Cyclops neighboring the city by 25 minutes.

I am poetry in motion.

Namaste,

~phoenix

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! You have a real blog!

Phoenix. I am so happy for you... and I am excited for your future. Whatever it may be, I know it will be great. Keep the poetry in motion, love!

-Becks