About Me

My photo
Sterling Heights, MI, United States
"I give a damn what any fan thinks of my legacy. I'm tryna live life in the sight of God's memory, like that y'all." ~Mos Def

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Jean Grae-tro to Blogspot.com

I've been thinking a lot lately about joining blogspot, especially since I've been looking for a much safer space to post some of my thoughts. I think at the root, I'll always be a huge myspace fan because it was just a cool new phenomenon. However, with all of the mess they stay in...yeah, I'm good.

So, what's been going on with me cyberspace? More than what I can imagine. Certainly more than what I can type right now. I'm intending to post another series of random thoughts later today if I really find the time. There are a few things on my heart I really want to let out. Been dealing with a little condemnation lately and I'm learning to forgive myself for wanting to BE MYSELF!

On a lighter note, I've been having a little bit of a difficult time getting back into the swing of writing full length poems. I've written a ton of haikus and concepts. I've even written some full length poems that I'm just not ready to share yet. I've decided that I am going to go ahead and prepare my submission for Cave Canem and start trying my hand at getting in. I'll be spending most of the winter preparing my submission materials and I'm really excited about it.

I've been doing quite a bit of reading to ease my mind into this Ann Arbor move. I don't want to - because I didn't imagine that I ever could - but I love it here. As ignorant as this little village can be sometimes, it still feels like home. I'm discovering so many hidden gems about myself; about my perspective; about what it is that I truly want. I desire to live within the barrier-less divinity I possess. I want to live a life void of self-imposed limitations. I want to love in honesty. I want to love into myself more.

I imagine in the next few hours, days, weeks, months my journaling online will resume the state that I want.

If you're reading, I'm grateful that you're willing to step into the matrix with me.

It matters.

I need a place to release.

Thanks for being a safe space to do it.


Namaste,
~La Shaun phoenix Moore

5 comments:

Lazy Genius said...

Whadupdoe! Nice blog. I have another great place for you to release: in the studio w/ Lazy Genius!

La Shaun phoenix Moore said...

LOOOOOOOOL. You're absolutely right about that, Doc.

Mr. Sawyer said...

Pookie!!! got a blog! praise God

Anonymous said...

A great year indeed!

You know I'll be back to peep you.

Peacey

limearth said...

A great year indeed!

You know I'll be back to peep your blogs....



Peacey